Schizophrenia is one of the mental illnesses that generally occur in the late adolescence or early adulthood. It is characterized by the delusions, hallucinations and other issues. It can also lead to a lifelong struggle. This mental illness strikes an individual between the ages of 16 to 30. It has been known that the males start to show the symptoms of this illness at younger age than females. In most of the cases, this disorder tends to grow gradually that people aren’t aware of living with it for many years. On the other hand, some people may strike this disorder suddenly and develop quickly.
Symptoms of schizophrenia
The indication signs of schizophrenia vary from one person to the other. The symptoms of this illness are classified into four categories:
- Positive symptoms: These are also known as psychotic symptoms like the delusions and hallucinations.
- Negative symptoms: These are the elements that are taken away from the person like absence of facial expressions motivation.
- Cognitive symptoms: These are the symptoms which totally affect the person’s thought processes. These may be characterized into positive or negative symptoms like poor concentration is a negative symptom.
- Emotional symptoms: These are usually negative symptoms like the blunted emotions.
Here is the list of the major symptoms:
- Delusions: In this, the person displays false beliefs. This includes some of the thoughts that others might be trying to control them remotely. Or, they would think that they have extraordinary powers and abilities.
- Hallucinations: People with schizophrenia would experience a wide range of hallucinations. This makes them believe in such things. Thus, it is vital to seek schizophrenia treatment as soon as possible.
- Thought disorder: This would make the person to jump from one subject to another for no logical reason.
Other symptoms may include:
- Lack of motivation: Most of the times, people with schizophrenia tend to lose their drive. Even like the routine actions like washing and cooking, are ignored.
- Poor expression of emotions: it has been noticed that people with schizophrenia would experience lack of responses to happy or sad occasions.
- Social withdrawal: People with schizophrenia withdraws socially, this is because they believe somebody is going to harm them.
- Unawareness of illness: Most of the patients feel that the hallucinations and delusions that they are seeing are so real for patients that most of them don’t believe that they are ill. They would also to take medication for fear of side effects, thus it is vital to seek treatment from psychiatrist in Bhopal so that the schizophrenia can be treated.