OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder one of the mental illnesses which is now experience by almost 2% of the general population. It is a mental condition in which an individual experiences compulsions, rituals and obsessions related to some of the things or manners. In this blog, you study about some of the most important facts about this mental condition.
So, let’s get started!
- It starts from anxiety: According to the latest studies of the National Institute of Mental Health, this disorder is characterized by the anxiety disorder only. This mental illness starts from the roots of anxiety which when not controlled can lead to several consequences. Therefore, it becomes much important to consider for OCD treatment in Bhopal so as to avoid the extreme consequences.
- It is disruptive: Similar to all the anxiety disorders, OCD also creates incapacity an individual who suffering from this disease. If you talk about the studies by the National Institute of Mental Health, then we will find out that OCD is not only differentiated by the obsessive and intrusive thoughts, but is also characterized by the ritualistic compulsions. These compulsions occurred only due to eliminate the stress levels in an individual.
- It is uncontrollable: If you know someone who is suffering from OCD then you would be thinking as why they are stopping? In fact, if you think from the point of view of that person, then we will come to know that they aren’t able to control their actions. But on some degree, they can notice their futility in actions, but the compulsion they face is just too powerful to resist.
- It is variable: According latest studies of OCD, we have come to the point that this disorder can change according to the condition. For some people, signs and symptoms of OCD may reduce over the time. But on the other hand for some of the people, the situations may get tougher. The signs and situations of OCD differentiate from one person to the other.
- It is treatable: OCD is treated with a variety of therapies and medications. All you need to do is to recognize the signs and symptoms of OCD in an individual and accordingly you need to consult psychiatrist in Bhopal so as to manage the symptoms. These therapies could target gradually on exposing the fears under managed conditions. Also, the medications given to them can help them in reducing the anxiety.
According to the Leading Psychiatrist in Bhopal, Dr. Satyakant Trivedi, OCD diagnosis & treatment must be done at the initial stage so that a patient do not suffers too much and start living his life again.