ADD or Attention Deficit Disorder is one of the most common childhood disorders. But this condition differs from one person to the other. It is a condition in which a child may have trouble in focusing. Just simple issue with not focusing only on the studies may be natural, but when situations are extreme, it is advised to go for ADD treatment in Bhopal. But before going for treatment, it is vital that you have enough knowledge about ADD, its types and its symptoms. So, here we’ve covered everything for you!
The types of ADD are:
- Inattentive: This is a situation in which an individual shows signs of inattention or gets easily distracted. But the main thing is that there are no signs of hyperactive or impulsive behavior.
- Hyperactive or impulsive: This type of ADD occurs when an individual shows symptoms of hyperactivity and impulsivity but not inattention.
- Combined: This situation arises when a person show signs of inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity.
Symptoms of Inattention are:
- Gets easily distracted
- Forgets most of the things
- Unable to pay close attention to details of work or other activities and attempts careless mistakes
- Trouble keeping attention on works
- Ignores the speaker
- Doesn’t follow instructions
- Fails to finish work
- Loses focus easily
- Dislikes and avoids long tasks
- Loses important things needed for tasks
Symptoms of hyperactivity & impulsivity are:
- Appears to be always on the move
- Talks more than necessary
- Faces problem in waiting for their turn
- Sudden movements in their seat, taps their hands or feet
- Suddenly gets up from the seat when it is expected to remain seated
- Runs around
- Climbs in inappropriate situations
- Is unable to stay for longer period
- Can’t play quietly play or take part in leisure activities
- Suddenly speaks out an answer before someone completes asking a question
- Interrupt other person constantly
Other symptoms of ADD are:In order to be diagnosed with ADD, a child or an adult must meet the following criteria. Also, if you meet the below mention criterion, then it is advised to go for further treatment by consulting psychiatrist in Bhopal.
- Displays many symptoms before age of 12
- Shows symptoms in more than one areas like school, home, with friends, or during other activities
- Shows interference with their functioning at school or work