Have you ever heard this term ‘Male Depression’? What does this term exactly mean? And how does male experience depression that is totally different from that of women? So, it is a very surprising fact that people are aware of is men and women actually experience depression in the different ways. They do not experience the very same depression symptoms and thus, display different behaviors. It can be literally difficult for the men to judge whether they are suffering from depression or not. The symptoms of male depression are very different from the conceptions people have developed for the clinical depression. As the words that used to judge clinical depression are sad and low mood, but in the males it can be in the form of agitation and anger. This is Bipolar Disorder in men.
Thus, bipolar disorder in men can be really hard for the psychiatrists to diagnose. And most often, it becomes really very difficult for men to even recognize that they are suffering from bipolar disorder. Therefore, it has become really very important for have a wider understanding of how this disorder develops in men, what are the symptoms related to it and how can it be controlled.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder:
- Excessive sleeping
- Changes in eating pattern
- Being withdrawn and sullen
- Inability to concentrate
- Lack of interest in almost everything that they once used to enjoy
- Thoughts of suicide
- Agitation and anger
How to Help a Man Who May be Struggling from Bipolar Disorder:
Are you concerned about a male loved one? If yes, then below are some of the tips that are really very helpful in starting a conversation. It will also help in the healing process. Go through them:
- Find out a place where you can sit comfortably for the discussion. The place should be private and confidential. This will show that they respect their privacy and will also help them in feeling comfortable in confiding in you.
- You can start the conversation by showing enough care and concern for him
- You shouldn’t become emotional at the time he’s speaking. Try to control your emotions and feelings.
- Do not show questionable actions as it may disaffect his behavior.
- Explain him the adverse effects of bipolar disorder and how it can be treated if he visits psychiatrist in Bhopal as he will assist treatments for better health.
The above written tips to treat bipolar disorder will help you a lot, but if you find yourself unable to treat it, contact a psychiatrist near you.