WHAT IS DEPRESSION?
Depression is a mood disorder where people fell lost, feeling sad, don’t like people around them, run from the social society. Its is not a mood fluctuation, it’s a situation where people don’t find themselves happy and energetic.
How do you know if you are depressed
- Depressed mood means you don’t become part society. You run from your family.
- You starting hating yourself.
- You can’t focus on the right thing, unable to remember things and unable to make decision.
- You can’t sleep or if you sleep too much every day.
- You start gaining weight or loosing weight.
- Drinking more alcohol or caffeine
Types of Depression
Major Depression: A Common Type of Depression
The most common type of Depression is Major Depression where people feel extreme sadness, lack of energy, changes in sleep or eating habits, thoughts of death or suicide etc.
Dysthymia: The Common Depression Type You May Not Know
Dysthymia is a type of depression that causes a low mood over a long period of time -perhaps for a year or more. Symptoms include sadness, trouble concentrating, and changes in sleep habits and appetite.
Postpartum Depression: Sadness after having a Baby
Around 85% of new moms feel some sadness after their baby is born – but for up to 16 percent of women, that sadness is serious enough to be diagnosable as a type of depression.
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD): Extreme Winter Weariness
This type of depression usually starts in early winter and lifts in the spring, and it can be treated with light therapy or artificial light treatment.
Atypical Depression: A Misunderstood Type of Depression
People with this depression type may also gain weight, be irritable, and have relationship problems.
Some studies show that talk therapy works well to treat this type of depression.
Situational Depression: When Life Gets You Down
This Depression is also known as adjustment disorder, situational depression is triggered by a stressful or life-changing event, such as a job loss, the death of a loved one or even a bad breakup.
Solution for Depression
- Exercise –Regularly exercise helps in treating depression in a healthy manner. It may also have long-term benefits for people with depression.
- Eat Healthy –While in depression people starts too much eating which causes gaining weight. Start eating healthy will help you to get rid of the depression.
- Get enough Sleep –Depression can make it hard to get enough shut-eye, and too little sleep can make depression worse. Set your routine in manner that sleeping time and waking time should be fix. Its help you to get out of the Depression.
One of the best psychiatrists in Bhopal, Dr. Satyakant Trivedi suggests that depression counseling is always a best way to get out of the depression. There is no matter of shame or insult, if you come forward for depression counseling & treatment.