When you feel Sad?
Sadness can be a difficult situation for us to deal with. There can be many reasons for sadness but in most of the cases it is due to relationship failure, financial loss, health issues, traumatic experience, an accident, lack of self-confidence, lack of concentration in studies etc.
What Is Depression?
Depression is a mental disorder when people feel excessive sadness, loss of interest in enjoyable things, keep himself away from social gatherings, have low self-confidence, feeling to suicide and feels low motivation. Depression is common mental disease and it can be felt at any age. There are many people who feel depression, but never disclose it with anyone, but the person who is depressed can be monitored by his/her activities/ thinking.
How do you deal with depression?
Dealing with depression requires action, positive thinking, support from your friends and family. Having self-confidence in you can help you cope with depression.
Here are some tips for dealing with depression –
- If you are looking to treat depression, look for support from people who make you feel happy and your mood changes positive with presence of those people.
- Use phone calls, social media, and texting to be in touch with great people who give you positive energy and motivate you.
- Attend social function such as wedding, birthday, anniversary etc. Meeting people will change your mood and you can get out of depression and negative thoughts.
- Go for shopping with your friends/family. Enjoy shopping and you can do it every week, so that you can change your mood and get time for things out of daily routine.
- Care for a pet – pets can bring joy and companionship into your life and help you feel less isolated.
- Aim for eight hours of sleep every night. There are many patients who are unable to take enough sleep and because of it they suffer from Depression or any other mental disorder. Get on a better sleep schedule by learning healthy sleep habits.
- Nutrition affects your mental health. Eat healthy food such as vegetables, fruits etc. omega-3 fatty acids, such as wild cold water fish (e.g., salmon, herring, sardines and mackerel), seaweed, chicken is good for your mental health. Include milk in your daily diet.
- Ignore drugs, smoking and alcohol as it can be one of the causes of depression.
- Add yoga and meditation into your daily exercise and practice.
- Think who the best psychiatrist near me is and visit him/her as early as possible. Diagnosing depression and treating it effectively is the best way to treat depression.
As a psychological counselor in Bhopal, Dr. Satyakant Trivedi is very famous in surrounding towns/cities such as Sehore, Vidisha, Hoshangabad, Itarasi, Raisen, Mandideep, Byawara, Bina, Sagar, Jabalpur and obedullaganj etc.